More than 900 million payment card records were breached between 2004–2009, and this number increases each day. Because these fraudsters are becoming increasingly sophisticated and effective, a new, more impenetrable solution is required to stop these perpetrators from putting you and your customers at risk.
TransArmor payment security solution is a powerful tool which combines the flexibility of software or hardware-based encryption with random-number tokenization. Tokenization technology helps ensure that payment card data never enters the merchant environment by replacing it with a random-number token, which carries no value outside of the merchant environment. This means that your systems never hold the actual card numbers from the transactions you process.
This unique layered service protects merchants and consumers from the risks of transmitting and storing vulnerable card data, while leaving business processes intact.
TransArmor Is Easily Implemented and Maintained
No additional hardware, changes to back-end systems or employee training is typically required. TransArmor’s ease of implementation and everyday use has already been tested and proven through millions of transactions.
Streamline Your PCI Compliance Efforts
The PCI Data Security standard consists of 12 requirements which merchants must satisfy to handle customer card information safely. The TransArmor solution meets the PCI Security Standards Council guidelines for encryption and tokenization, and First Data agrees with their assessment of EMV adding an additional layer of security to those solutions.
The TransArmor system makes it easier for merchants to satisfy Mandatory PCI Compliance Data Security Standards. Four of the Major PCI DSS Requirements addressed by TransArmor are:
- Protect stored cardholder data
- Encrypt transmission of cardholder data across open, public networks
- Restrict access to cardholder data by business need-to-know
- Restrict physical access to cardholder data
How the TransArmor Solution Works
The TransArmor solution is an industry-unique combination of encryption technology to protect sensitive payment card data in-transit along with tokenization technology to safely store card data post authorization.
- Consumer presents card to merchant POS or fuel pump
- Card data is encrypted and transmitted to TransAmor front-end
- TransAmor front-end decrypts the data payload
- Card data is sent to issuing bank for authorization and , in parallel, tokenized
- Token is paired with authorization response and sent back to the merchant
- Merchant stores token instead of card data in their environment and uses token for subsequent business processes
Securing your payment transactions with TransArmor is an easily implemented solution to a rising level of fraud; reduces efforts involved with establishing and maintaining PCI Compliance, and will help protect your livelihood. Call one of our TransArmor Specialists to learn more about protecting your business and your merchants 877-456-9747, and choose option 3.